Thursday, January 17, 2013

Madrid!!

Hey Everyone!

Today is my second day in Madrid, Spain!! It has been really incredible thus far. There are soooo many students in this program! I don't really like big groups, so it's kind of an adjustment. Lol. Today they took us to two musuems: La Reina Sofia and Museo del Prado. Fue muy fantastico! We saw Picasso, Goya, and Valazquez. Then we went off in our separate little groups. Annie and I made a few new friends and we explored the famous areas of the city: La Plaza Mayor y Sol. These were big centers where there were lots of tiendas (shops) and lots of cafetarias (eateries). I must say I'm not in love with the food here. It's kinda different. Like the sandwhiches, called bocadillas,  have no sauces on them. Yesterday I had a calamari bocadilla and that was pretty good, but trying to find anything besides bocadillas, fried eggs and french fries or paella, is difficult. I think we will find more variation in Seville....hopefully. Our food schedule is really weird here and none of us are ever really hungry. We eat early in the morning, and then we eat lunch at like 2:00, and then dinner is around 9 or 10. Last night we barely ate anything because our bodies were still adjusting to the time difference, but tonight we had tapas (appetizers) which are very famous in Spain. We shared different appetizers like a Russian salad and mini spicy potatoes  It was goood, itty bitty, but nice before bedtime. My favorite things here are the desserts! (I'm probably gonna have diabetes when I get older b/c I am OBSESSED with sweets!!) Their bakeries are amazing here! This afternoon we went on a big search for this place called the "chocolateteria" that had churros and hot chocolate. The hot chocolate here is delicious! It is simply really thick melted dark chocolate-- none of the powdery crap mixed with water like in the U.S. This stuff is the real deal!! Lol.


   Tomorrow we move onto Toledo. We leave first thing in the morning. Then on Saturday we are off to Sevilla to meet our homestay moms for the first time! Yay! Hasta Lugeo!!

8 comments:

  1. Those are amazing pics, Tahirah...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Chocolateria seems like heaven, and the texture of those churros looks amazing. Keep taking pictures! (I like the guy taking a picture of something in the picture on the bottom, haha) Stay safe out there <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, everything looks amazing! Love the photos, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jazz! I miss you mucho!! Can you get "kik" (an app) so we can message eachother for free?

      Delete
    2. My username ia tnd0029. Find me sooon so we can chat!!

      Delete