Sunday, January 20, 2013

Toledo!!!

The days are going by soooo quickly! I just got here, but already its been five days! After we spent two nights in Madrid, we went to Toledo. It was muy maravillosa!! The winding, small streets were like those you  imagine only in fairytales. The city was full of rich, ancient history. We were shown cathedrals and synagogues in which the tour guide told us about the intertwining of religions. There were many cathedrals in which we were shown where Muslims once inhabited the city leaving behind remnants of the past through the architecture. The arabic hexagonal figures and arches were present throughout the city. Most surprising was a synagogue that was built by Muslims for Jews and later turned into a church. The mixing of religions was quite interesting! I am sure I will encounter this again in other cities because the South of Spain was not always Catholic!
    In other news...the food was delicioso that day! We had "tapas" (appetizers) and shared them. It was great! We shared a stuffed prawn, french fries (not your typical fries from McDonalds), and tomato and toasted french bread. There is sooo much bread here! I am going to get fat because I LOVE it sooo much! Speaking of bread, the weirdest thing happened that night. We were exhausted from the jam packed day of touring Toledo, so many people decided to stay at the hotel and eat downstairs in the restaurant. We went to the only one open and ordered pasta and salad (way overpriced). To our dismay, they charged us for the bread and mineral water WE DIDN'T ASK FOR! Fue LOCO! LoL. From now on we are going to ask for "auga de grifo" (tap water)!!  Despite that incident, Toledo was amazing and definitely better than Madrid!! I wish we could have stayed longer!! Enjoy the pics!!
















6 comments:

  1. Amazing photography!!! Please give us more! You have a magical way with words and photography. I feel like I am there with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to write everyday, but I will try!! <3

      Delete
  2. La artitechtura es maravillosa, que delicado se ven las columnas en la tercer photo. Creo que el restaurant se aprovecharon de ustedes, que mla onda pero tengan cuidado para que no pase otra vez ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si! Estas cierto! Fue muy loco! Pero, todo esta bien:). Te echo de menos <3. Como esta su redaccion por Leadership Alliance?

      Delete